Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Lead II? I have no clue.

I just took Bob Page's Multi-Lead Medics class. He's the "Lead II you got no clue" guy. The class was amazing, taught by an amazing educator. So today, in a non-sequitur tribute to Bob Page, here are some bad EKG tattoos, all in lead II. What are the rhythms? I have no clue.


It's tough to laugh when you're in polymorphic v-tach.


Slightly less dumb than Pink's barcode neck tattoo.


Not only is this a bad EKG tattoo, it's also a tracing of where you should cut.


Fight what? Asystole?


For free tattoo consulting, email me at drew.rinella@gmail.com

Don't just tattoo something on your body forever without knowing what it means. Learn more about proper EKG waveform with Bob Page's 12-Lead ECG textbook, or Dr. Dubin's Rapid Interpretation of EKGs:
   

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness I found this blog. I was all set to get, what turns out to be NOT sinus rhythm, tattooed on my jaw line. Now I know better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't listen to the other stuff I tell you not to do so I don't know why you should start taking my advice now. I think you should go for it.

      Delete
  3. I do listen to what you say....sometimes I just FORGET what you say. This is a very different matter altogether. Someday perhaps I will have enough brain power to retain all the deeply important things you tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious - I am planning on getting a tattoo of my own heartbeat going into vtach, and I have a number of issues including QRS widening, etc. I want to get it because, well, I have Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and my messed up heart/beat is a big part of my life. Is this somethino you'd scoff at? I'm probably going to get it regardless but am interested in your opinion since I stumbled across your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for the delay in my reply. I think it's really great when people get tattoos of real arrythmias that they have had. I write about that a bit here: http://stupidheartrhythms.blogspot.com/2016/05/how-to-obtain-rhythm-strip-for-your-ekg.html

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete